We’re looking for an individual to coach new our girl’s football session, initially as an assistant to potentially progressing to taking over the role of lead coach when eligible members in the group will transition to participate in the Longhorn Youth League.
You’ll be working alongside a licensed FA coach to deliver football training sessions within our girls’ section which include children from 5 up to 9 years old.
The position is a volunteer position.
We’re looking for an individual with the following attributes:
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Able to communicate effectively with a range of people
- Understanding of child protection and health and safety issues
- Ability to work efficiently on own initiative and maintain a high standard of work
- Able to adapt coaching sessions to participants
- Able to encourage, motivate and enthuse young people to participate in football
- Commitment to attend all planned sessions
As part of our recruitment process, the successful candidate will be subject to a full criminal record check carried out prior to engaging with the group unassisted which will be paid for by the Club.
No coaching experience required, though is desirable, as the Club will put the successful candidate through their Level 1 coaching course.
About Pirelli FC
Pirelli FC is a Charter Standard club based on the Pirelli factory site on Dalston Road, Carlisle. During the 2016-17 season, we won the Charter Standard Club of the Year 2016 which was voted for by Cumberland FA for our hard work in expanding the club over the last five years. The club consists of four youth teams involved in the Longhorn Youth League, one team involved in the Ability Counts league and one team in Division 1 of the Westmorland FA league. We also hold regular training sessions for girls.
If you would like to know more about the position, please get in touch with us.